-
April 27th, 2006, 01:11 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Can some one please help me i am about to pull my air out trying to look for a cheap flight to la to go you know where . I want to take dd but the prices i am finding are 233 and up each. Please if anyone knows of a site that could help please let me know . thanks Diane
-
April 27th, 2006, 01:19 AM
#2
rolloverrover
Guest
$233 is pretty good!! Check cheaptickets.com every day. Their prices fluctuate and sometimes there's a $200 difference between days. Of course, the price of oil is not helping travelers much these days, on the ground or in the skies!
-
April 27th, 2006, 01:41 AM
#3
Inactive Member
thank you , i am so afraid that the price will go up even more , I am wanting to go in june like around june 6 , does it cost more to go on cetain days.Diane
-
April 27th, 2006, 01:50 AM
#4
rolloverrover
Guest
Yes, weekend travel is always higher (Fri/Sat/Sun). But even if you must travel on the weekend, check cheaptickets.com every day for the next week and there should be fluctuations at some point.
Edited to add: My sister flew out here this past weekend for about four days. She bought the tickets about a month ago. The first day she checked cheaptickets the prices were $450+. A few days later she checked and it was like $235. She waited until the next morning to purchase and by then the price was back up to the $450. She waited about 4-5 days and the prices were down again. Just have patience and don't get discouraged. When you see the price lower, jump on it quickly. If you wait, the price may go up again and you'll have to wait again.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 26, 2006 10:54 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>
-
April 27th, 2006, 01:55 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Check out travelocity.com. I just went on, and depending on how flexible you are with dates, there were prices for 173 from Denver to Lax through 5/23. There were other prices higher, but still lower than you had said. When you search, check flexible dates.
-
April 27th, 2006, 02:38 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Thank you all so much . I have to go in june dd gets out of school june 2 and I have to give notice at work . The trouble also is getting hotel getting into the cafe. I already called them . and they are getting pretty booked Thanks Diane
-
April 27th, 2006, 11:16 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Have you looked at Frontier Airlines...their webiste directly they have round trip airfare from $176 (Denver to LA) since they are a CO based airline prices are less expensive from thier hub in Denver. I have flown them before and love the animal photos on their plane tails. http://www.frontierairlines.com
I looked up june 6 to june 9th and that was where I saw the 176 airfare
We haven't had much luck with cheaptickets, expedia or orbitz to find cheap tickets instead finding better rates when we search each individual airline that way any speicals or deals are only listed on the airlines webpage.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 27, 2006 08:17 AM: Message edited by: sparkygrl ]</font>
-
April 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
#8
Inactive Member
oh my gosh thank you thankyou so very much I got a flight for 178.00 Diane
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks